The Abram Powell Foundation Scholarship
The goal of our scholarship program is to provide financial assistance to exceptional students, who are hearing impaired and financially challenged, but simultaneously want to attend college. Currently, we offer a non-renewable scholarship grant of a minimum of $250.00 per student but look forward to increasing that amount as we receive more support in funding. Scholarship applicants must meet the following criteria in order to apply:
- Must be a junior or senior high school student, who is deaf or hearing impaired.
- Must have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.5 at the time of application.
- Must not have a family member who has volunteered or worked for the Abram Powell Foundation Organization, in any capacity.
- Must be actively engaged in the community and participating in at least one extra-curricular activity that shows leadership.
- Must submit a copy of the official college acceptance letter to receive funds, if awarded the scholarship.
This scholarship grant is open to all geographic locations. Therefore, students who meet the above criteria are encouraged to apply. Applicants seeking to submit an application should follow the instructions below:
- Submit your GPA and a 500-word essay discussing “why you should be selected to receive the Abram Powell Foundation Scholarship” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The essay should not exceed 500 words.
- The essay should be written in first person.
- Applicants should be sure to submit a good working e-mail address or phone number where they can be reached, if awarded the scholarship.
Good luck to all applicants! Proceed to the survey by clicking the link below: